09415001634 / 9935510008

Orenburg State Medical University     

Medical Institute n.a. Chkalov (now The Orenburg State Medical Academy) was established in 1944. Classes began at the Department of General Medicine (4 course years).

Official founders of the Institute are considered to be Lazarenko F.M., histologist, professor; Olifson L.E., chemist, associate professor; Silantyev A.K, associate professor, surgeon; the first director of the Institute was Fetisov N.V., surgeon-dentist. Department of Pediatrics was opened in 1970, a scientific-research laboratory was opened for exploration of mechanisms of natural immune system.

Doctors Improvement Faculty was opened (now it is called Department of post-graduate training for specialists), student's hostel no 3 and canteen were built in 1985. The institute continued its development in 1990-s, new departments, such as Department of higher nursing care and Department of preventive care, were opened.